I know I really should post more often. I just get too busy. This week, my student intern (teacher) started. It is quite interesting. I think she feels that she has to be everywhere that I am. She is a lot older than your average student teacher (42). Sorry if I have offended anyone :) Hopefully it will all work out well. It will be a great help to me, as we try to get our house sold and packed and yada-yada-yada! I am still waiting for Rex to download our christmas photos. I should get over my fear of technology and learn to do it myself. In my last post I was praying that this semester would fly by and I think it really is. Next Friday the 6th of February is already midterms for the third nine-weeks - Pretty Crazy.
Well, we have been diligently trying to stick to our resolutions at the Spencer house. One of our resolutions was to try and make a new food every week. So far so good!! We have had so much fun. We were just getting tired of all the same old stuff and we thought that this would be a great solution. Our first week, we made my Grandpa Hill's Clam Chowder. It was a little thick - I've got to make a smaller rue next time, but it was otherwise every good. And I did so good with the diet (only eating one cup!!) The next week was Fish Tacos - the best!!!!! And I am not a fish person. Holy Cow - we made them again for our friends the next weekend - all I can say is FABULOUS! Next we tried our hands at Calzones. The were awesome too, and amazingly Preston ate them. That is such a deviation from his regular PB&J (all you with picky kids know what I can talking about.) Well tonight I tried a recipe that I got from Monica a billion years ago. It was called Chicken Stew - it was pretty much my Grandpa's Chili Verde. We really liked it. Ofcourse all of the peppers scared the kids away. I should have taken pics of all our creations. I will try to remember the next time. And if anyone is interested in our recipes, just let me know and I will get it to you.
Thursday, January 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Bundle of Joy
Be Grateful
WE ARE:
Rex, Robynn, Tyler, and Preston. A crazy family of four, whose lives are never a bore! Rex and I have been married nine years....we lived in Arkansas for five years, and are finally back in Utah.
Tyler Rex
Preston Scott
Hill Family
The Blogs I Read
- Alyssa
- Angie Kay
- Boring Baney's
- brandon-shay
- Brooks & Wendy
- Clinger Family
- Cottle Family
- Dave & Raquel
- Emily & Brad
- excitedandconfused - steph
- Faye & Emy
- Hilary Weeks
- Hill Family
- Katie's Alaskan Adventure
- Lexxy
- M. Smith Photography
- Mindi & Chad
- Mr. & Mrs. MD
- purplehaze - private
- Ronda
- Talley Family
- thahallsinarkansas
- The Slades
- thedixonscrazylife
- thompsonfamilytimes
- Tolman Family
3 comments:
@Heck... I dont even remember anything called Chicken Stew.... can you share the recipe back with me?
I can't believe I didn't know you had a blog!!! I also can't believe how big your boys are! When are we going to see you again?
Robyn thanks for the comment. I follow your blog too and enjoy reading about the Spencer clan. I can not believe how big the boys are getting. How time flies...enjoy the sunshine...mines coming this summer.
Post a Comment