What a wild and emotional 5 days. My mom has not been feeling well for a quite some time, and a recent cold has seemed to elevate every possible system. Within the last couple of weeks, she has been experiencing chest pain and cold/clamy hands. She said it felt like a brick was on her chest. Her doctor sent her over to the ER on Thursday 3/19, thinking possible heart problems. The EKG and X-rays revealed nothing and after a nights stay (a horrible night in a room with only air conditioning) and some chemical stress tests and an MRI on Friday she was sent home with no explanation as to the possible problem. Well.....Monday another horrible attack occurred, and after a priesthood blessing from my Dad and brother Chad, she was off to the emergency room again. Well after more tests....the ER docs wanted to send her home again. Thank goodness for the cardiologist, she ended up staying the night to monitor her and do more tests. Well to make an extremely long story short, because it took them until 6 pm last nightto do an angio-gram....her major artery, the Left Anterior Descending was 90% blocked. The doctors said that it would have only been a matter of time and that there would have been nothing that they could have done for her.
I have cried so many different tears these past two days. My Mom and I don't always see eye to eye, but she is my best friend. I am so thankful that the Lord has given her another chance to get herself healthy and enjoy her beautiful Grandsons - they've missed years without her! And lets not forget the 12 other grandkids who love their "grammy"....For those of you who know my Mom, she is a tough girl!!! - I am positive that is where my brothers and I get our strength from. She never gives up. All I can say is that I am just so thankful to have her.
I also just wanted to say thankyou to all my friends and family who prayed in her behalf. I know that through pray and faith, the Lord can perform miracles!!!
Wednesday, March 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Bundle of Joy
Be Grateful
WE ARE:
Rex, Robynn, Tyler, and Preston. A crazy family of four, whose lives are never a bore! Rex and I have been married nine years....we lived in Arkansas for five years, and are finally back in Utah.
Tyler Rex
Preston Scott
Hill Family
The Blogs I Read
- Alyssa
- Angie Kay
- Boring Baney's
- brandon-shay
- Brooks & Wendy
- Clinger Family
- Cottle Family
- Dave & Raquel
- Emily & Brad
- excitedandconfused - steph
- Faye & Emy
- Hilary Weeks
- Hill Family
- Katie's Alaskan Adventure
- Lexxy
- M. Smith Photography
- Mindi & Chad
- Mr. & Mrs. MD
- purplehaze - private
- Ronda
- Talley Family
- thahallsinarkansas
- The Slades
- thedixonscrazylife
- thompsonfamilytimes
- Tolman Family
5 comments:
Wow what a good entry! I was all teary eyed! I had a sort of same scenario when I was pregnant with Maddie. And my mom made it through, but it was hard to go through it (especially when my mom is so stubborn about medical treatment or surgeries). Way to hang in there. Mom's are the best aren't they!
And to answer your question we are in Ogden. Where are you moving to when you are back to Utah? Plain City?
So sorry to hear about your mom...I know how stressful it is when parents are ill, especially when you are not close to home! Your family will be in our thoughts and prayers!
I am glad everything went well and that the stint is in! She will continue to be in our prayers.
I hope she keeps getting better and better! I am sorry! She is in our prayers!
I hope your mom starts feeling well again soon. We've been thinking about her a lot. When are you moving back? Are you still moving back??? :) :)
Post a Comment