I was blog-stocking earlier today and I love Janea's blog...the nine things that make her happy. I am not particularly upset about anything in my life, but decided that once in awhile we all need a reminder of all the blessings that we truly have. So here is my list of the nine things that make me happy - thanks Janae!
1. My husband - I don't care who wants to challenge me on this one, but I have decided that I definitley have the best husband/friend in the whole world. He does so much for us. Its actually quite amazing, considering all of the schooling that he has done (almost completed -two weeks). He is truly my best friend.
2. My experience these past 4 1/2 years. When I left Utah I was scared to death. I had never lived more than 20 or 30 miles from my family. I feel that I have definitely grown and that it has been one of the best decisions that Rex and I have ever made. I will always treasure our time in Arkansas.
3. My boys!! Despite the fact that they can and do bring out the worst in me, the smiles and laughs they bring, out weigh all the yelling and screaming that can go on in this house.
4. REX HAS TWO MORE WEEKS OF SCHOOL!! This thought almost makes me giddy inside. It has been a long-hall. If you add up his time in college with all of this it has been 10 1/2 years. I know it wont really be over, because we will return to Utah and he will start studying for the Bar, but it is almost like I can breathe again. I am looking forward to no more study nights and homework on the weekends.
5. My family - I am almost home everyone. I cannot wait to get home and be with my mom and dad and my brothers and their families. And I know I am a rarity, to be home with my inlaws and the rest of our family is just has exciting to me. We just spent our last Thanksgiving alone. Although it is nice and quiet and you aren't running from here to there, it will be nice to be with family. My family is my life.
6. My brother Scott - I am so thankful that he finally got to have his three oldest kids for a day -even if it was only for a few hours. Sometimes I get so frustrated with the entire situation and dare I say, wonder if 'anyone' is looking out for these three beautiful children. All our family prayers and fasting payed off! And my family (The Hills) had the best Thanksgiving in a long time - and we all definitely had a lot to be thankful for.
7. The Holidays - I love to decorate!!! Thanks Mom :)
8. Laying in bed reading the Friend to Tyler today.....we love to search for the hidden CTR ring and this months edition is great! Read the story about the litte girl who visits her elderly neighbor who was born in Germany - made my cry
9. The Gospel - what would I do without it!
There you have it....and it wasn't painful at all.
Sunday, November 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Bundle of Joy
Be Grateful
WE ARE:
Rex, Robynn, Tyler, and Preston. A crazy family of four, whose lives are never a bore! Rex and I have been married nine years....we lived in Arkansas for five years, and are finally back in Utah.
Tyler Rex
Preston Scott
Hill Family
The Blogs I Read
- Alyssa
- Angie Kay
- Boring Baney's
- brandon-shay
- Brooks & Wendy
- Clinger Family
- Cottle Family
- Dave & Raquel
- Emily & Brad
- excitedandconfused - steph
- Faye & Emy
- Hilary Weeks
- Hill Family
- Katie's Alaskan Adventure
- Lexxy
- M. Smith Photography
- Mindi & Chad
- Mr. & Mrs. MD
- purplehaze - private
- Ronda
- Talley Family
- thahallsinarkansas
- The Slades
- thedixonscrazylife
- thompsonfamilytimes
- Tolman Family
3 comments:
This is a good idea. I'm going to copy it for one of my posts. Thanks!
I want more posts. I know you are busy, but I can't wait to see Christmas pictures. The pictures you sent of the boys in Chad's card were adorable. Tyler isn't the toddler left for Arkansas, He is a little boy. love ya
Robynn we need help! we are trying to start a blog, but it looks so stupid! Yours, tolmans, talleys are so cute, we aren't showing anyone ours! You can sneak a peak, but help us! hillspuds.blogspot.com
Post a Comment